Oi, Raptor! Been four business days since we saw you — what’s new?
The short list of new stuff shown in this video:
- Improved post-processing visual effects.
- Improved raptor skin.
- Completely re-rigged and freshly animated raptor.
- A couple of glitches there, though, most notably in the walk animation.
- Completely new sound system based on SECTR Audio and a bunch of custom stuff. HDR audio!
- Revised sound effects for many things, new sound effects for many things including the raptor, and things like reverb zones.
- More stuff is destructible now, and you can see how that actually affects level traversal in some places (much nicer than getting stuck on geometry).
- More splitting-out of the various assets and prepping them for procedural generation systems.
- The first foray into procedural levels with real content.
- Custom audio occlusion based on my occlusion culling system.
- Custom ambient sounds attached to objects (hissing pipes, etc) based on the SECTR Audio stuff, but distinct from it.
- Particle effects!
- Better vocalization sounds for the raptor, probably.
- Putting all these new things together in the form of actual enemies to fight that use all of these subsystems together.
Other important news?
- Linux support is a definite thing now!
- Previously we were considering using dearVR, which includes some compiled platform-specific code that does not run on linux yet.
- Instead we’ve opted not to get that product, and are instead achieving the same thing using a mixture of SECTR Audio, our own custom code, and good use of Unity’s own built-in reverb zone capabilities. No platform-specific compiled code makes me a happy fella.
New Screenshots (click for really detailed versions!):
1. Running With Claws Out