The Last Federation is a really unique game in that it is a strategy/tactics game set inside a simulation game. Check out its game page for details, or swing by the forums for the game. This is Arcen’s largest title ever, and we’re really excited to share it with folks.
Alpha Information! Private alpha testing with players is currently in progress, and we will be adding more players throughout the coming weeks leading up to release. If you’re interested in signing up, please see this forum post.
Two days ago I posted an extended gameplay trailer that showed off both the new combat and the solar map. As so often happens, our players and viewers are extremely clever and had some great feedback. This video shows off what’s new in the last two days, and it’s quite significant.
The additions were inspiring in particular by viewers who pointed out the limited nature of only having one gun at a time. So — three guns at once, among other additions.
TLDR Of What’s New
1. You now have 3 main guns, and can switch between them, rather than only having one.
2. You now have 3 special abilities beyond that, rather than 5 (no room).
3. You really do need to switch weapons depending on the targets you are after, or even if their shields are up at the moment or whatever, because the right tool for the job suddenly makes a big difference.
4. Balance is revamped pretty well everywhere.
5. Three or four new guns, don’t recall which.
6. Flagships no longer start out in the boonies.
7. The extreeeeeme imbalance with Bargaining Power is addressed.
Or here’s the full changelog.
Until next time!