How do you balance a war between towns without letting either side obliterate the other? How do you rule over gods, creatures, and men who refuse to obey you? How do you build a thriving landscape of villages against the threat of bandits and mythological powers? Skyward Collapse places you into the role of The Creator, and frees you to tackle these problems your own way. Brought to you by the developer of the modern strategy classic AI War: Fleet Command, Arcen’s second full strategy title is equally unique (but far easier to learn): a turn-based 4x strategic god-game.
Your task is to build and populate the floating continent of Luminith. You can create — but not control — gods, creatures, and artifacts from both Greek and Norse mythology. The power you wield with these is immense. (As one example, Heimdall’s horn causes everyone standing outside to drop dead.) Your task is to keep both factions alive until The Master calls you home — but this is harder than it sounds. Bandits, along with periodic Woes add to the variety of challenges that you’ll face in any given game. Every game plays out completely differently, and you’ll need even the craziest of your powers in order to survive what lies in store for you.
* A turn-based strategic god-game where you control neither faction, but instead strive to maintain the balance of power.
* Make towns, trade, diplomacy, and war as the boardgame-like floating continent continues to construct itself around you.
* Persuade your minions into doing what you want through incentives as well as controlling what buildings and resources they have access to.
* 16 gods, each with unique passive abilities and three active powers, help you further your goals as you pass into the Age of Monsters.
* Level up your player profile by winning games. Twelve related unlockable buildings in all!
* Straightforward controls paired with an intuitive and helpful interface make this an easy title to pick up… but the strategy runs deep.
* Multiple difficulty tiers let you play a very relaxed game up to a nail-bitingly difficult one. There’s no one best way to win!
* Co-op multiplayer planned for 1.0 (but not available from the start of beta).
Nick Trujillo Presents (comic)
Launches on Steam on May 23rd!
I really like this mini-trailer, will share it!