So, you may have noticed that our site has been down and had a lot of issues the last couple of days. Whew, long story! Well, lots of time spent on it, anyway — the story is rather short:
- A2 hosting, who we previously used, started having major performance issues over the last week-ish, getting worse and worse.
- I decided to switch us over to Hostwinds instead.
- Hostwinds is awesome, but we have a complicated and unusual setup, and tons of things got messed up in the transition.
This whole thing is… still in progress. But man this new service is blazing fast. Here’s a status report:
- The forums
- A cached version of the wiki.
- Mantis Bugtracker
- It can’t connect to the database for some reason, which we’re hunting down.
- Forum notifications, mainly. At least, I think they are still busted. Waiting for confirmation on that.
- Ditto with wordpress comments.
- The Wiki
- For some reason, the hostwinds folks missed that database when copying over our databases, so there’s the problem right there.
- They’re working on getting that transferred over today, and then we should have a real-live-wiki again.
- That said, the wiki was completely nonresponsive on A2 hosting for a couple of days prior to the switch, so this is still a step up in that it can be read at all right now. 😉
- We’re still working on getting our keys transferred over. That bit is a long story, but probably it will take another 3ish days before that’s set back up. That’s not such a big deal as the others, though.
A big thanks to Quinn Beltramo for making this waaaay less painful than it otherwise would be. And the Hostwinds folks have been pretty slick too.