This one is the second and final release of today, and it might be the final release for beta phase 2. All of the features and fixes that we had wanted to get in place before moving into beta phase 3 are now in place and ready to go… but the catch is that some of these have not been tested as extensively as we would like, just yet.
In the interest of not handing a build with a bunch of regressions in it to the press and a wider audience of players, we’re going to give this one another 12 hours or so in the hands of our core playerbase before we do a press push. I still haven’t had time to build the installers and finish getting the website updates from Josh and Erik propagated anyhow, and it’s late and I’m exhausted, so pushing this out a few more hours works for me.
But this is basically beta phase 3, aside from any bugs you might find! Assuming this release turns out to be as clean as we hope, here’s what our focus is going to shift toward for the next 3ish weeks until we hit 1.0 for the game:
– Enchant containers working better.
– Add hand-crafted touches into procedural exteriors and undergrounds.
– Walking monster interactions with cliffs to be better.
– Integration of mysteries-to-be-solved into the game (replacing what were memory crystals once).
– Multiplayer server listing and admin controls.
– More enchant-items and enchant-effects.
– More spells.
– More enemies, bosses, and environmental threats.
– More guardian powers, including ones for NPC skill level 4 and 5.
– More mission activities.
– A few more traps and other supplies to find in stash rooms.
More to come soon. Enjoy!
This is a standard update that you can download through the
in-game updater itself, if you already have 0.500 or later. When you
launch the game, you’ll see the notice of the update having been found
if you’re connected to the Internet at the time. If you don’t have 0.500 or later, you can download that here.