This huge release has a lot of good stuff, and it’s one of the last pre-official-4.0 versions. The main outstanding item we have left is the intermediate tutorial, and everything is fixes and minor tweaks. The shortlist of what’s new in this one:
- Improvements to the pre-4.0 settings importer, and making it more obvious that it exists.
- Basic tutorial 3 has gotten a heavy revamp.
- Space tank balance is completely redone.
- Control group double-and-triple presses work again.
- The keybinding screen now binds based off keypresses rather than making you choose from a massive list (yay!).
- Tip of the Day on the main menu! If you have last-minute ones you want to get into 4.0, let us know! We’ll still be taking suggestions post-4.0, too, of course.
- The intro story and credits now play on the main menu, and the credits have been updated a lot.
- Lightning turrets are now a lot more useful.
- Armored golems, botnet golems, and artillery golems are no longer self-damaging when they attack, and have otherwise been rebalanced to account for that change. Now none of the golems cause AIP increases or self-inflicted damage from attacks. Again: yay!
- Vampire armor is a thing of the past (man that was too tough).
- Many various other bugfixes and a tad of performance tuning.
This is a standard update that you can download through the
in-game updater itself, if you already have 3.701 or later. When you
launch the game, you’ll see the notice of the update having been found
if you’re connected to the Internet at the time. If you don’t have
3.701 or later, you can download the windows installer for 3.711, or the OSX installer for 3.712. Once you do an in-game update, they’ll both be on the latest version, despite starting at slightly different versions.