Arcen Games is pleased to announce the release of AI War: Fleet Command version 1.009. You can download a trial version of the game, as well as purchase a license key to unlock the full version. If you already have the game or demo installed, just hit “Check For Updates” inside the game to get the latest patch.
More Free DLC: In addition to a new Mark III engineer being added, mobile repair station can now build five different variants of space tug, which are very fast ships with tractor beams that can automatically bring ships back to the nearest mobile repair station for healing, then send the ships back into the fray.
This release also contains another large batch of improvements, tweaks, and extensions based on player suggestions. Here are some of the highlights:
– New ship counts when dragging selection boxes over ship.
– New Team Income display in Galaxy Map Intel Summary.
– New Z+A key combo allows seeing selected ship ranges at mouse cursor.
– F1 key now shows all ship types in planetary summary.
– There is now a visual and auditory warning when any of your command stations are attacked.
– The game now supports cheats. See the ArcenWiki for a full listing.
– The AI is much more deadly with how it sends its freed ships through wormholes.
– Health bars are now colorized, and now there is an option to show them even in far zoom.
– New ship: Mark III engineers
– New ships: Mobile Repair Stations can now build 5 different kinds of Space Tug for combat repairs.
– Several efficiency improvements have been added for how the host deals with the AI thread.
– It is now possible to keep playing after a victory/loss, just without score increases.
– If a music stream gets corrupted, it will no longer crash the game.
– Fixed a bug in the prior release with long-range shots aimed at force fields missing.
– The last uses of floating point math have been removed, which helps to avoid desyncs.
– Various other bugfixes.
The above list is just a sampling, however, so be sure to check out the full release notes to see everything (attached at the end of this post). More free DLC will be heading your way next week. Enjoy!