Arcen Games is pleased to announce the release of AI War: Fleet
Command version 1.005. You can download a trial version
of the game, as well as purchase
a license key to unlock the full version. If you already have the
game or demo installed, just hit “Check For Updates” inside the game to
get the latest patch.
Free DLC: Three new ships are now available for your use: Science
Lab II, Mobile Repair Stations, and Counter-Negative-Energy Turrets.
Each provides interesting new strategic capabilities. As helpful as
these new ships are, however, they almost pale in comparison to the vast
number of other updates and enhancements in this release. This release
contains dozens of improvements, tweaks, and extensions based on
suggestions from over ten players. Thanks to everyone who took the time
to offer feedback so far — and for everyone whose suggestion made it
onto the official to-be-done-in-DLC list, but didn’t make it into this
release, you should be seeing your ideas in play over the coming weeks.
Here are some of the highlights:
– The game now supports smaller galaxy maps in addition to the
– Enhancements to zoom.
– Many new settings options, including better support for windowed
– Many, many new display modes available in galaxy view.
– Ship borders now flash in far zoom when they take damage.
– Minimap enhancements, including minimap display modes.
– Icons for important enemy ships are now shown in the Intel Summary
of the galaxy map.
– Minor planetary summary (the palette on the right side of the
– Ship autotargeting is now much improved. Overkill is a thing of
– The AI now acts a little bit smarter at guard posts, retreating
more often when needed.
The above list is just a sampling, however, so be sure to check out the
full release notes to see everything (attached at the end of this post).
More free DLC will be heading your way next week. Enjoy!