These two releases are absolutely massive, so make sure and check out the release notes for all the details. There’s a lot of little features and tweaks in here. But here’s the big cool stuff:
- Monster loot drops! Monsters of all sorts are now dropping consciousness shards, which have been split into six colors instead of just one. Right now only the blue color are used in the macro-game, but that’s going to change soon. And minor insta-heal/insta-mana-restore drops will also be entering the mix from non-boss monsters.
- A number of new improvements for keyboard-only control setups have been added.
- Several enemy and spell visibility improvements have been made.
- Fixed several issues with bosses not seeding — in particular giant shadow bats but really any bosses in densely populated rooms.
- Updated the doors into destroyed rooms so that they now look visibly destroyed in a much more convincing and obvious way rather than simply relying on the little bomb icon. Much cooler this way, and clearer to boot!
Again, those are just the highlights, so be sure to check the full release notes if you want all the gory details. Enjoy!
This is the first weekend since the public beta started, so one thing to be aware of is that while we do get some spots of work done here and there on the weekend, for most of the time for us, the weekends are family time rather than work time. It’s been a really productive week, though, and next week we’ll be right back at it with even more updates. Thanks to everyone for making this by far our best beta-first-released week ever!
This is a standard update that you can download through the
in-game updater itself, if you already have 0.500 or later. When you
launch the game, you’ll see the notice of the update having been found
if you’re connected to the Internet at the time. If you don’t have 0.500 or later, you can download that here.