Release notes here. This is a small followup to the truly epic one from a couple of days ago, mainly focused on some bugfixes and balance tweaks. More is in store for soon, but this is just a bit of tidying.
- Okay, maybe I lied? For the frigates, the benefits in this version might actually make them viable for the first time in the eyes of a lot of players. They were dying quickly partly due to being targeted over-aggressively in the past, and now it works more like it did in AIWC. To some folks this may actually be pretty monumental. We’ll see if it’s enough to redeem frigates, or if they need more.
- Snipers now do a better job of taking out the explicit kinds of targets you set for them and nothing else until that stuff is dead if you order them around manually, which is also a win.
- Coarse background processing, and/or faster simulation speeds, should never let ships sneak past wormholes that are physically blocked by forcefields anymore. This is a big deal for players who like to keep their doors locked, so to speak, and were previously finding enemies sneaking in through the cracks.
- You can’t use crippled flagships to give you vision on enemy planets anymore, which closes yet another clever exploit that the same players who were using it asked us to fix.
- Beyond that it’s just a general laundry list of bugfixes.
More to come soon!
Please Do Report Any Issues!
If you run into any bugs, we’d definitely like to hear about those.
The release of this game has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who’s on the fence. For a good while we were sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on the Recent Reviews breakdown, but there have been a lot fewer reviews lately and so that has definitely had a material negative effect. Go figure. Having a running selection of recent reviews definitely is helpful, but at least we have a pretty healthy set of long-term reviews. If you’ve been playing the game and enjoying it, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.
More to come soon. Enjoy!
Problem With The Latest Build?
If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you’ll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it’s a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.
The Usual Reminders
Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you’ll be notified about any game releases we do.
Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn’t have to super detailed, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that’s how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.