Valley 2 - Post-Launch Release Notes
(Not yet released; we're still working on it!)
Official 1.004 Endless Lightning
(Released April 16th, 2013)
- Fixed a bug where the "what would be purified if you purified this tile?" overlay was incorrectly reporting some craggy highlands tiles as being indirectly-purifiable.
- Thanks to Aquohn for the report and save.
- Fixed a bug where the overlord's forces would not attack Warehouses or Salvage Yards.
- Thanks to Winge for the report and save.
- The overlord's Lightning Storm spell is no longer eligible for "free casting" on a stratospheric citadel tile because it can make it impossible to really take down the citadel as long as the storm lasts (due to making the wound chance really high).
- Thanks to Aquohn for inpsiring this change.
Official 1.003 But The Third One Stayed Up!
(Released March 9th, 2013)
- The overlord's "free casting" of world-map area-spells on the purified stratospheric citadels now cannot pick firestorm because that prevents your NPCs from actually knocking it down for a really long time, etc.
- It's still possible for the overlord's normal spell casting to happen to hit the citadel tiles with firestorm, but he won't intentionally try to do this and the circumstances that would lead to it are fairly rare, so that's fair game.
- Thanks to windgen for the suggestion.
- Now the Cancel keybind can close the escape menu if the latter was open during a text interjection.
- Thanks to Penumbra for the suggestion.
- Fixed a text error that still referred to the old "wounded" state for NPCs.
- Thanks to Aklyon for the report.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing swamp castles from providing their movement-speed bonus, and also preventing the overlord/world-map-monsters from targeting/destroying them.
- Thanks to Winge and Lokarin for the report.
- Fixed a slice that could be hard to traverse in certain situations.
- Thanks to Ipkins for reporting.
- Fixed a bug with the timing of cutscene playback if you're running at anything other than 60fps.
- Fixed an issue where XBox wireless controllers were not being detected as xbox controllers and thus used generic button names.
- Altered the last boss room so that there is no longer lava where Demonaica is likely to fall into it after he dies.
- That said, you can still get the ending cutscene if his head falls into the lava, you just have to have enough health to survive being in there for a bit yourself.
- Thanks to ulius for reporting.
- Demonaica is now able to pursue you throughout the final boss room (except in existing worlds where you have already visited the final boss room).
- Thanks to windgen for reporting.
- When a cutscene is playing (aka the ending cutscene), your character now goes invincible as with any other text interjection.
- Thanks to Platypus for suggesting.
- Fixed an issue with the final cutscene where if you were on a monitor larger than about 1280px wide, then the images would be cut off to the left and the text would not be properly centered, etc.
- When you are in the final boss room and have defeated the overlord, the credits now scroll across the bottom portion of the screen like they do in the main game. The idea here is to provide a really clear signal that the game is over, although you can still get to the final cutscene by examining a certain object that falls in this screen.
(Released February 19th, 2013)
- Fixed a bug in the prior version where mouse aiming was on by default.
- Thanks to Varone for reporting.
- Updated the crates room to include text telling you that you can enable mouse aiming in the settings menu. Updated the controls display at the start of the game and the armory with the same.
Official 1.001 Mouse Aiming For Those Who Stood And Fought
(Released February 19th, 2013)
- All players whose names appear on this page have had their names added to the credits of the game. :)
- A HUGE thank you to each and every one of you. You are a big reason the game is what it is today.
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause exceptions to be thrown when first generating the interior of a new building.
- Thanks to windgen, Vatticson, and Mick for reporting.
- Previously, there was a bug where the "enter NPC movement mode" keybind could work in side view, causing a warning message to pop up.
- Thanks to Mick and Penumbra for reporting.
- Fixed a minor graphical issue where "molten lava damage" was reporting damage 100x higher than was actually being done to you.
Mouse Aiming Option Added To Settings
- An option has now been provided in the settings menu for "Enable Mouse Aiming."
- This lets players who find keyboard or gamepad controls to be repugnant to experience the game in some manner. Our view is that this manner is sub-par and watered-down, but we've finally started looking at this as more of an accessibility mode. It's not ideal, but it allows a certain demographic to play who is otherwise unable/unwilling to do so.
- There is also a corresponding default keybinding set that has been added, which gives you WASD + mouse controls when used in tandem with the above option. Or you can set your own.