AI War: Destroyer Of Worlds (Expansion 6)
From the game-changing Nomad Planets to the mysterious Exodian Blade, “Destroyer of Worlds” brings a new level of devastation to the epic AI War universe. Dare you use weapons that threaten the structure of the galaxy itself?
Reviews For AI War
AI War breaks most of the genre’s rules. Which is precisely why it’s incredible.
– Alec Meer, PC Gamer UK, November 2009
It’s big, different, entirely unprecedented and an exciting way to play an RTS.
– Tom Chick, Crispy Gamer
AI War is, quite simply, the best experience you could have with co-op or single-player real-time strategy in this or any year.
– James Murff, Big Download
Features Added In The Expansion
- Nomad Planets introduces dynamic topology to AI War for the first time, giving the player new challenges and opportunities beyond the previously-static wormhole network.
- One of the Nomads also holds a secret weapon of truly dire power (that gives the expansion its title, hint hint).
- The Exodian Blade is a powerful alternate way-to-win, but getting there is a multi-stage journey with a great deal of desperate fighting once things get going.
- 8 new AI types, from the humorous/annoying “Kite Flier” and “Cowardly” to the monomaniacal “Starship Fanatic” to the aptly named “Brutal”. There’s also “Mime”. Never trust mimes.
- A new “Encapsulated” map style.
- 4 new Bonus Ship Types, including the Neinzul Combat Carrier (with Beam Drones, Rail Drones, Spider Drones, and Grav Drones) and the Maw-gone-mad Powerslaver.
- 2 new AI Guardian types, including the Combat Carrier Guardian (so humans don’t get to have all the ludicrous-drone fun).
- A new “Preemption” optional AI Plot that lets the AI start taking more direct action against you from the start.
- 29 more minutes of awesome music from Pablo Vega!
About The Expansion
For the exhaustive list of features, please see this page on the wiki.
This Is An Expansion To AI War: Fleet Command
The Base AI War Game Is Required To Play This!
Buy Direct From Arcen!
|AI War Collection (2014)
AI War: Fleet Command plus all 6 expansions.
|More AI War Expansions And Purchase Options|
Demo (Does NOT Unlock Into Full Expansion)
This zip archive contains the expansion content for OSX, Windows, and Linux versions all in one package. 100% of the files are the same between all three operating systems. To play the demo, simply unzip the archive into the location of your choice.
Installing the Destroyer of Worlds expansion for AI War: Fleet Command is very straightforward:
1. Navigate to the folder in which you have placed the base game.
2. Inside this folder, click into the RuntimeData folder.
3. Then click into the Expansions folder.
4. Unzip this archive into the Expansions folder.
At that point you should have a folder named as follows:
When you start up version 7.048 or higher of AI War, it will detect the expansion and you will see the logo for “Destroyer of Worlds” on the title screen under the main AI War logo.
That’s it! Please note that if you purchase the game, there is no license key to convert this demo into the full version (unlike the prior expansions); a full-version download link will be provided to you at the time of purchase.
About Updating To An Expansion
If you have the base game and install an expansion, you will go into trial mode of the expansion. Feel free to explore the expansion that way, but if you want to go back to full mode without buying the expansion, simply click “License / Expansions” on the main menu, and turn off the expansion. If you have bought the expansion, simply enter your license key via that same window.
If you want to update an old savegame to the expansion, simply type “cmd:activate expansion X” (without quotes), with the “X” being the number of the expansion you want to enable. So, to enable The Zenith Remnant, it would be “cmd:activate expansion 1” without quotes. This includes enabling the expansion ship classes, as well as enabling other new capturables and AI weapons to be found in the galaxy, although the population of those capturables is likely to be different from what it would have been if the expansion had been turned on from the start of the campaign given the same seed and other settings. There is no way to disable the expansion for an existing game, however, so be sure not to save over your existing file if you want to go back to the non-expansion version of the game.